Friday, June 29, 2012

Spouse Spotlight - Alicia

Welcome to our new MDOS commander's spouse, Alicia.  
Below is Alicia's bio so you can get to know her a little.

Hello everybody, I am Berta Alicia Medrano –Elwood, and most people call me Alicia.  It is a pleasure for me to introduce myself and share some things with you all. I grew up in Golfito , Costa Rica.  Golfito is a beautiful gulf town on the Pacific Ocean on the southern end of Costa Rica, and Costa Rica is small country in Central America just north of Panama.   I am the third child of family of four girls, my father worked for the Chiquita Banana Company for many years as an Agricultural Engineer and retired about four year ago.  Costa Ricans are well known for their love of freedom and democracy.  One of our favorite expressions is “Pura Vida” which we use to mean “the good life”. 

I moved to the United States in 1990 and lived with two sisters in the state of Maryland until I married my husband in 1997.  We have lived in California, twice in Maryland, and for the last 5 year in Texas.  The state of Texas has a profound meaning for us, and we have had many wonderful experiences that make it very hard to leave.  However, we are very excited about the new adventure in Idaho.

Education is very important for me.  I finished two years of study at Montgomery Community College in Rockville, Maryland.  Since then, between moves and kids I have been continuing my education by doing a little here and a little there.  I am excited now for the opportunity to go back and finish a degree.    I love music and a long term goal is to complete a Bachelor’s degree in music.  However, a nursing degree is what I would like to accomplish in the next three years.  I am an active member of my church, and I enjoy outdoor living, gardening, and good food.  In summary, I am happy to be able to serve Mt. Home as I can.  I am thankful for my family and my biggest accomplishment in life, my children.

We look forward to serving with you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment